Our roots run deep
Founded in 1990 by St. Joseph’s Medical Center and the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael, our name stems from the founder of St. Joseph’s Hospital, Father William O’Connor. A local Catholic priest, Father O’Connor established the hospital in 1899, originally opening as St. Joseph’s Hospital and Home for Old Men to care for gold rush-era Stocktonians.
Today, we are a community based nonprofit corporation. Led by the values of our founders, our governance is fully vested in a volunteer Board of Directors committed to the long-term stability and mission of the organization.